Information on Getting Married in Fabulous Las Vegas!
Some essential details to keep in mind as you plan your wedding day in Las Vegas:
Eligibility: To obtain a marriage license, you must be currently unmarried and at least 18 years old.
Identification: Bring a government-issued ID with a photo that reflects your current appearance, such as a valid driver's license or passport (see further I.D. options here).
No Blood Tests: Fortunately, there is no need for blood tests when applying for a marriage license in Las Vegas.
No Waiting Period: Once you have your license, you can proceed with your wedding immediately—there are no mandatory waiting periods.
License Validity: Remember that the marriage license is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Official Ceremony: The wedding ceremony must take place in Nevada and be officiated by a licensed Nevada officiant.
Witness Requirement: Ensure that someone, other than the officiant, is present to witness the exchange of vows.
A simplified step-by-step guide to obtaining your marriage license:
Step 1: Apply for a Marriage License
- Complete your individual information online here, ensuring accurate details that match your identification documents. Be sure to check spelling! Your application will remain in the Clerk's office system for one year.
- Make note of your confirmation number and keep it for future reference.
Step 2: Pick up Your Marriage License
- Visit the Clark County Marriage License Bureau together. The Bureau is located at 201 E Clark Ave, Las Vegas NV 89101. It is open 8:00am to Midnight, 7 days per week. It's open on all holidays.
- Present your confirmation number, identification, and pay the $102 fee (credit/debit convenience fee may apply) and they will present you with your license. Time can vary, but this usually takes less than an hour.
- Verify the correctness of the information on your license before leaving.
Step 3: Say, "I Do!"
- Select where & when you'll be married, hopefully with Glitter Lens Photography!
- Bring all the paperwork the Clerk's office gives you to your ceremony.
- Exchange your vows in the presence of at least one witness, excluding the officiant.
- The officiant will file your marriage certificate within ten calendar days (expedited options possible).
Step 4: Document Your Marriage
- Once filed, you can order certified copies of your marriage certificate online or in person for $20 each. Copies can be mailed around the world.
- If outside the U.S., check with your local government to see if an Apostille is needed. If required, inquire with the Nevada Secretary of State's Office about obtaining an Apostille.
Take a look at our many Las Vegas Elopement Options here and contact us today to check availability.
We look forward to hearing from you!