The Neon Boneyard has it's own set of rules and regulations regarding photo shoots at their property, we've collected details provided to us by the Neon Museum. Please see below for information. Per the Neon Museum:
Rules, fees and information for photo shoots:
The Main Boneyard is usually available-
When you book a photo shoot, it is a private experience in the museum. We don’t allow photo shoots during guided tours, and we don’t allow other photo shoots during your shoot. We charge $500 an hour for a shoot of this nature in our Main Boneyard. The Main Boneyard holds our primary museum collection where tours are held. The restored signs are turned on and the unrestored signs are lit at sunset. This area is limited to hours when we are not giving tours and is not available for less than 1 hour. We require that the group be kept to 6 or under in the Main Boneyard, but the North Gallery is more flexible.
The North Gallery is usually available - -sunset
We have recently opened our new North Gallery for private weddings and photo shoots. We are able to offer this at a 30 minute slot for $250 for groups of up to 10 people total (including the couple and the photographers). Eleven to 15 people will be $300, 16-20 people will be $350, etc.) This space is not as vast as the Main Boneyard. This newly renovated space features seldom seen signs from such iconic properties as the Golden Nugget, Caesars Palace, Lady Luck, New York New York, Liberace Museum, Pioneer Club and many more. There is no electricity in the North Gallery, so the signs are not lit at sunset. You can also rent out the North Gallery for longer than 30 minutes if you wish.
Reservations - Please note, you will only have access to the gallery that you’ve booked. Please see above for images and info about the two different galleries. Complete bookings are first-come, first-serve and the entire amount of the shoot is required to book or hold a time slot. Bookings are reserved by a credit card authorization, and confirmed by an email. If payment is of the shoot, it will incur a $100 rush fee.
Dressing rooms - We do not have a dressing room on site. The bathrooms on site at the Neon Museum are for staff as well as patrons, they cannot be used as a makeup or dressing area after .
Weather - If inclement weather (winds over 25mph, heavy rain or lightning) prohibits shooting at the museum (please note: if it is raining in one neighborhood it does not mean it is raining at the museum), we will refund the entire shoot fee or you may reschedule. Your shoot will not be refunded or rescheduled, due to weather, prior to your scheduled start time (if it’s raining 2 hours before your shoot it doesn’t mean that it will be raining at the time of your shoot). Also, when a time is reserved, that is your allotted time, so please account for traffic. Due to back to back bookings, we are unable to allow shoots to start early or go over. Despite exceptions for weather, shoot fees are non-refundable.
· We warn that the Boneyard is full of broken glass and rusty metal and ask that guests of the museum do not touch, lean or stand on any of the museum pieces and stay 2 feet away at all times. The rock barrier in front of the signs must not be stood on or crossed over (this rule applies to everyone and all equipment).
· Besides the single photographer/videographer, no one in your party will be allowed to shoot photos other than personal snapshots.
· We no longer allow children under 6 coming into the yard without prior approval, as there is a lot of dangerous materials on the signs and on the ground.
· We reserve the right to end a shoot immediately without refund if any of the signs are touched by anyone at any time by accident or otherwise.
· We ask that all photography of the signs be done in abstract format - with no one sign picked out from the rest to avoid looking like an endorsement.
· Anyone intoxicated will not be allowed on site.
· No standing on benches.
The Neon Museum is a 501-c3 non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, studying , and exhibiting iconic Las Vegas neon signs for educational, historic, and cultural enrichment. The revenue generated from your shoot will be greatly appreciated and assist the Neon Museum in our ongoing efforts to preserve, display and expand the collection for years to come! Thank you!